Sunday, October 26, 2008

miserable sunday so far.

The only good note is I rode the 42cc bike and it did very well. I had to change the tension spring to finally get the tension close to right. It pulls pretty well now. Good enough for me at the moment.

I could not get the 33 bike to fire at all. I got angry and switched the WW engine to the bike instead of the 33. It wouldn't start either. What a mess. It's going to be cold tomorrow so it's probably not going to get done for a while.

The plan now that I have had a minute away from the bike, is to get one of the engines running then rebuild the bike. The welder should be here sometime this week so I will give that a shot at building the frame. But first I want a dependable engine for it. Either of those engines will have enough power for that bike. I really want it just to goof around on and get a little exercise. I think I want to build with the WW since it is where I started. I would like to have one of those around.

I don't think I'm going to find a lighter weight frame than the old three speed girlie bike that I test with. That being the case I am probably going to get the WW running and then set the bike up for it.

No comments: