Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I ran my bike mpg test today. The results were disappointing but not unexpected. The best bike/engine combination was the 31cc weed whacker and full suspension bike. It got almost 90 miles per gallon on my test course which is almost all hills with very few straight aways.

The 33cc chainsaw was second with almost 75 miles per gallon. It is over all my favorite bike I believe.

bringing up the rear is the 42cc chainsaw bike. It has a bigger drive wheel and is build for speed not hill climbing so not to surprising that it got the worst gas milage it is a bigger engine and should plus the track is not ideal for that bike. It came in at a whopping 64mpg.

even the worst bike does three times what my wife small car will do on the same track. Of course her car is warmer in the winter but not nearly as cool to ride.

No comments: