Sunday, October 19, 2008

I lost it

I bid on a welder last night on ebay. I lost it of course since I am trying to buy one for peanuts. That is because I most likely will use it ten times and never again. I just want it so that when i need something done I don't have wait around.

Todays plan is to ride my bikes. I think I have everything fixed on them now, except I need a smaller drive wheel for the 33 bike and I might need to get a new carb for it. the one from the 25cc engine is probably holding it back some. I'm not sure that I care though. With a smaller drive wheel it might do all I need it to do.

I pedaled that bike some yesterday and it rolls pretty good. I think I might ride it under power to the bike trail then kill the power and ride it on the bike path. Then when I get tired, I can pull onto the road and drop the engine.

Now that would be cool.

1 comment:

Comfortable Shoes Studio said...

I know every one has an eBay strategy but I'm going to tell you mine..lol...
I watch about 2 dozen of the same thing or similar things for about a week, watch how high the bidding goes to see what kind I can afford. etc. Then I figure out how much I can spend (not much) lol
and bid $5 less than that amount.
Unless there is something I know I can't wait on (round gas tanks look for old washingmachine tanks) then I don't bid for 1 week, keeps me out of trouble with the significant other and keeps me from making a foolish mistake, plus I don't get too disappointed when I bid and loose. I know there are about 2 dozen others out there for me to bid on.

eBay and clist are the same in my books, be patient and what you want will be there when you want it at the right price.