Friday, October 24, 2008

how stupid

I put the bike back together with the propane tank, the bigger carb and the air filter from the smaller carb. so it suddenly wouldn't start.

My steps to solve the problem.

1. I thought it wasn't getting any gas. Checked the filter and the lines and the hookup.. I finally did enough to assure myself that the bike was getting gas. Tried to start it .... nothing.

2. Checked the electrical system. no problems.

3. I was just about to switch the carbs again when I removed the air filter and the bike started right up. Somehow that air filter would not work on that carb. so I am gong to need to do something about that tomorrow.

I adjusted the cable for the carb and now it seems to be doing pretty good. I might need to run the idle screw in a bit but otherwise it seems to be fine.

No comments: