Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I rode the 42 bike

I rode the 42cc bike to home depot today. I bought a propane torch tank of propane. I brought it home and promptly got frost bite. I pushed the valve in to release the propane so that I could use the empty tank for a gas tank. The cloud of white gas that sprang forth from the beast was well below freezing. I got it on my fingers. It took me a while to figure out that I needed to put the nail in a pair of vise grips so that my hand was out of the stream.

I drilled it out and put in some lines and use jb weld to add a bigger top on it. I ordered an inline fuel filter on ebay. When it comes I will switch that tank for the small one on the 33 bike. The propane tank holds a quart, the weed whacker tank on the 33 bike now holds a pint.

The 42 bike is a pleasure to ride now. I have the engine on a very heavy framed bike. The bike takes the pot holes better than the sissy 33 bike. It is still much lighter than the china bike so it is easier to start when beginning on an uphill pedal.

It was all in all a pretty good day.

No comments: