Sunday, October 19, 2008

finally got er done

After the temperature rose a little, I started the 33 bike and the new throttle connection worked as it was supposed to.

I rode off a way to drop the engine and the cable holding the engine up broke. So I went and bought a real cable not a bike cable. I spent a couple of hours making it fit. Then I test rode it.

The bike rides like a 25cc on steroids. The smooth wheel makes the engine less efficient but does very little damage to the tire it seems on first ride. I'll have to let you know later how much it does.

The bike climbed hills a 25cc wouldn't and when it needed help, it was just a little help. Bike killer hill was the worst. I had to pedal some but it was not really hard pedaling more like I would do on a flat surface than on a really steep hill.

The bike will boogie on the flat and down hill of course. I haven't been able to keep the engine going when I engage the clutch. It has to do with the carb not having an idle adjustment. I think I'm going to keep my eye out for a better carb.

I guess I could learn to rebuild the one I have but if I can get one for the same price as a rebuild kit, I'm going that direction.

No comments: