Tuesday, October 28, 2008

bring on the heat

I think I'm going to give welding a shot tomorrow. I have the mask and the rods so it is just a matter of doing it. It looks like I need to be pretty careful with this old welder I bought. But we shall see what we see.

My first job is going to be to tack a rod to my next bike frame. Actually it is an old bike frame but i am redoing the engine mount. I am putting it back like it was originally. The reverse mount worked good for the full suspension bike but it is unnecessary for the regular ones. I do still have it attached to the weed whacker bike though.

My wife drove me in the car to home depot for my metal to make the frame this time. It was just too miserable to ride the bike. the wind is probably fifteen to twenty five miles an hour and cold as the dickens. I have everything I need now so tomorrow I find out how hard this really is to do.

No comments: