Sunday, July 20, 2008

Yesterday when I was younger

Yesterday I made some progress on both my current bikes projects. I got the chainsaw engine running and the 31cc on the road. I looked like it was going to be a really good day.

Then of course it went downhill. I choked the 31cc by dropping the engine on the tire too quickly. It died and when I restarted it with the rope wrapped around the drive wheel. I let the rope get hang loose a second and it got hung in the running wheel. At that point the engine choked again and the rope flew out of my hand the the pull end flew around and hit me. It cut a pretty good groove in a couple of my knuckles.

Then of course I leaned into a hot muffler and burned my knee.

But I am down to just getting the tension right on the 31cc. When the is done I can either move on to the chainsaw bike or wait for the 25cc to get here.

Funny thing the 25cc is an electrolux. I gas that is going to make it the sweeper bike. That is going to be my minimalist bike I think.

1 comment:

Bob said...

You need to get some this stuff on video. You might win the million dollars...................