Tuesday, July 29, 2008

today was a winner..

As much as yesterday was crap today was a winner.

I remounted the chainsaw engine. It is much more secure. I have found that mounting with a hinge is the worst way to mount an engine. It is a little more trouble to do a pivot with a bolt but it is well worth the effort.

Once the mount was done (which took a while) I tried to start it. The bike just acted crazy. In the end I discovered that I was out of gas. The tank was bone dry. I don't know what happened to it there should have been quite a bit in it. I switched out the gas tanks since I couldn't figure out what happened.

then it was flooded from an empty tank. I have no idea how that happened. So I pulled the plug to let it dry out. I left it in the sun and went to change some wheels and tires. After that the bike started right up. I adjusted the idle to make it easier to start next time.

Next I made a couple of air filters. I used two jar lids and a bit of foam rubber I had laying around. The one on the chainsaw bike worked great. I haven't got the 25cc to start so I'm not sure what it will do.



Tomorrow I need to take the china bike to the home depot. I have not tested the front mount 31cc enough yet. I need to buy the parts for a drive wheel for the chain saw bike. I had the parts but I decided to go smaller since I ruined the end cap on the 1" drive. It would have been 1 1/4 anyway and I think thats a little big.

Im learning that smaller is better for friction.

okay till tomorrow.

No comments: