Saturday, July 19, 2008

weedwacker success

The 31cc idles and takes gas. The drive wheel seems to work okay but the ground is wet from a summer shower. I will have to wait till tomorrow to cast a final vote on it.

The chain saw runs and takes gas. I still have to do things to it to make it work as a bike but it's very close.

I have a 25cc engine on the way which is supposed to be bad, but I have a good carb and coil here already, so if cleaning the carb won't do it, I can switch out the elements. I am curious to see the differences between the weed eater version and the leaf blower version of the engines. One might be easier than the other to work with.

Im going to run the weed eater without a shroud and the chain saw with one. Just to see if there really is a need for it on an engine open to moving air. It should be an interesting experiment.

No comments: