Thursday, July 17, 2008

first test of the 31cc

I rode the bike that deacon built today. I got it down so that the drive wheel did not skip for two or three miles and it was great fun. Then of course the inevitable happened. Crap started to fall off from the vibrations. Most was little stuff until the engine almost fell off twice. first time is shook the bolts loose. I changed them so it just broke the mount on the engine. Now that's going to be a problem. I did find out that 31cc in a friction drive is almost perfect.

I was going to take pictures before the engine fell off, but alas the battery was dead in the camera. Now I have it charged but the bike is in pieces again. I have no idea what it will do next.

I guess I'll check the neighbor to see if he can weld it. If not, I'll drill a hole in the case. I don't want to do that since it will be hard to shim it level with the other holes. I think the mount shook a bolt off and that put stress on the motor.

No comments: