Friday, July 18, 2008

NC chainsaw massacre

I mentioned before about the 33cc chainsaw I bought cheap. Then I proceeded to break the throttle lever on the carburetor. I replaced that with a new carb from a 31cc weed whacker I had laying around. I couldn't get it to work.

I went back at it today with a clear mind. It looks as though I had an air leak (my personal nemesis) from a intake I no longer need. The engine might not run as good with the wrong carb on it but frankly it was too powerful before. I think that second intake was a turbo charger for the short time one would actually use the blade wide open. The change in carbs may turn out to be a good thing. I doubt that but one never knows.

I have a cap over that intake drying as I type this. I coated it with blue gasket seal hoping it will close off any any leaks. I'm going to let the engine cool off then try to start and run it again tomorrow. If I get it running pretty dependably I will fabricate an air filter, then try one of the new designed drive wheels on it. It might be the strongest of the friction bikes. Or it might be too strong to do more than skip over the bike wheel. Time will tell.

No comments: