Sunday, July 27, 2008

end of Sunday

I finally stopped riding my new bike. I rode the bike off and on all day while I tweaked things like the mount and the idle. I ran it all over the hood. Up hills that the china will barely pull. It also barely pulls them but it does pull them.

the china bike may be a better bike but I'm less and less convinced of it as time goes by. This bike just needs a better starting system but otherwise it does very very well. Probably because the engine has so much compression it is hard to pull the rope. I can't drag start it at all.

I am still nervous about those brakes so I'm going to replace the front wheel with a larger one and add a brake to it. I am going to use the brake lever that is now my clutch lever since it lifts the engine.

A friend from the forum is sending me a second shifter. I hope I can lift the ending with it. If so I will feel better about this bike.

I have a little twenty five cc motor sitting on the front wheel of my test bike and a 33cc chainsaw motor that I need to work on as well. Not sure which I will work on next.

I am going to hold on changing the wheel till I get the shifter in to see if I can use it as the clutch lever. I must have put ten miles on the new bike. That is more than I ever put on a bike in one day before. There is a learning curve with the bike. Leaning how the throttle works best.

No comments: