Sunday, July 27, 2008

todays plan

Increase the tension on the drive wheel. I'm thinking heavier spring. I have a couple laying about.

I can't get hold of a coaster brake wheel for a while, so I need to start getting used to the brakes on the bike I have. I believe that I can just kill the engine and use the drag on the front wheel to help slow the bike down if I need to stop it and the brakes fail. I really would feel better with more brakes.

I think I am going to test the bike with increased tension, then try to ride it a good real life test. At least as much as possible.

I'm sure there will me more adjustments to make along the way.

I want to be sure this is the right thing to do before I continue with my preparations for the how to instructions.

Then of course the kids come for dinner which pretty much mandates a short work day. That's a good thing my cuts and burns could use a day or two to heal anyway.

I'll check back in tonight to see how far the day's plan gets modified.

No comments: