Monday, July 21, 2008

todays plan

It's good to have a plan for the day first thing then tonight I can explain how it all went wrong.

Today I'm off to the home depot first thing to get some pvc joints. No matter what they say the drive wheel just at one inch OD is just too small. I'm going to buy several of the pvc joints that will fit snugly over my drive wheel. I can use one to increase the diameter of the drive and then attach things to it as well, That is that plan at least.

Today is tension and drive wheel day for the 31cc bike. Now if it works out that I finish, I'm going to work on the chainsaw till the 25cc arrives,

I decided to put the 25cc onto the front of the next bike I build. If I can make it work easily there, then the option is there to put it onto a tricycle. That would be a good thing since it comes up now and then on the forum.

Still the idea of making a home made bike with a chain drive is running around in my head. Makes me wish I hadn't removed the friction clutch from he chain saw. I think for a chain drive I would want a 42cc chainsaw engine though.

No comments: