Thursday, July 17, 2008

update on the 31cc

friction drive update 2
I was going to try to use a sprocket on the weed whacker and then pull a scooter tire on my bike tire. It didn't happen so I sat down to redesign the frame of the bike hoping to make it work better.

It still uses a gravity clutch so I'm not thrilled with that part. I would rather that it stop and start like th 25cc did. If this does not turn out to be significantly more powerful than 25cc I am going to go back to that size engine. I think the difference in the compression is why the bike will not drag start from a stopped position. It might start warm dropping the engine on the moving tire.

It will take some tests to see. At the moment I am going with the suicide clutch. I might wire a cable in later.

In it's form today I did wire that clutch cable up as well as leaving the handle on the clutch arm. All this will make more sense in the final wrap up of the bike later.

No comments: