Saturday, July 26, 2008

Die monster Die

The two wheel friction drive bike is history. The damn think tried to kill me. I had the rear engine started and was fumbling with drop rods when the front engine (not running) hit the front wheel it took a hard right turn toward the curb. The drag on the wheel was not even so it turned the bike. The bike being under power tried to make the maneuverer but I managed to stop it and kill the rear engine without being killed.

Since the monster tried to kill me, I gutted the sum bitch.

I moved the 31cc to the blue junker I bought for $6. I converted it from a mtb to a one speed bike so I have lots of controls left over. Since I have the rear brakes working but not the front, I mounted the bike on the front wheel.

It is almost ready to go. I have to mount a kill switch, the gas tank (soda bottle), and the clutch cable. Then I am going to test ride it. I have high hopes for it since it is a 31cc.

If it works well enough, I will keep my eye out for a 26" coaster brake wheel so that I will have some brake redundancy. Well time to get started. I will ry to update tonight.

No comments: