Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The proposition

The proposition turned out to be a night patrol of the park. The mobile home village as well as the camp spaces. The idea was that I would be called to assess a non emergency situation before the manager was bothered. If it could wait, I would leave a message if not I would call the manager. I could even call the police if it was something serious.

She tried to get a lot of work for no money but I vetoed that. I really didn't need to work at all. We agreed on one tour of the park around midnight then be on call for problems the rest of the night. From five till seven the next morning was a lot of time on call, but nothing much was likely to happen. At least it seemed that way to me.

We agreed on $10 per call out. The ride through the park every night looking for trouble was in exchange for half my space rent. With a little luck at the end of the month the park would owe me money. The ride through the park took about fifteen minutes. If there was a loud party I should spot it on the drive by or someone would call me for sure.

I spent the afternoon at the beach to celebrate. I had quit drinking years before so a double chocolate milkshake was the celebration beverage of choice.

No comments: