Thursday, June 11, 2009

the beach finally

Day three

I just couldn't wait any longer. I was up at 6am and finished the small coffee pot by seven. I couldn't stand the wait any longer so I installed both sets of 12ah batteries into the trailer of the store bought bike and off I went.

The store bought bike is slower and it uses power a little differently, but it handles easier. Since I had no idea what the roads were like, I opted for the safer bike.

I left the house before 7:30 headed first for breakfast then to the beach. I ate the biscuit too fast but I was in a hurry. I made the 12 mile trip in just over an hour. Part of it was the bike speed and part of it was I just wasn't in a hurry.

The roads were almost pancake flat which made the ride a lot more fun. It made power consumption lower as well. I found a fishing pier and sat my butt down on a dirty bench. I sat for a couple of hours marveling at the ocean. The sight and smell of the ocean is overwhelming. Anytime I get near it I feel insignificant. It was impossible for me to sit on a fishing pier and think life is all about me.

After two hours of sitting in one spot, I took a walk along the ocean. It was just a marvelous day for me. I stopped at the snack bar on the pier for a hot dog and coke before I headed home on the bike.

When I got back to the trailer I noticed that I had a new neighbor. NO the kids weren't gone, someone had moved in on the other side of me. They appeared to be gone since there was no car in sight. Fishermen most likely, I thought.

I spent the afternoon reading a cheap novel while the batteries recharged. I had a set ready to go if I had needed them, but I had nowhere I wanted to go.

No comments: