Sunday, June 14, 2009

Day seven was a rainout.

I woke to the sound of rain on my tin roof. Okay it isn't tin but the illusion is better that way. I just rolled over and tried to go back to sleep. When that failed I dressed, made myself a rain poncho from a black trash bag, then ran to the bathroom. Obviously the bathroom had not been high priority or I wouldn't have waited to make the poncho. It helped only marginally.

I made sure both the bikes were covered, then I Scrambled an egg. I made myself and egg sandwich along with my coffee. It was a dark day but there was enough light for me to read while sitting under the awning.

The male member of the younger couple worked between rain showers to hook up his camper. Evidently he and his girlfriend were headed home.

"Hey CJ, we are ready to leave would you like this stuff. I'm just going to toss it if you don't." He asked that holding a plastic garbage bag.

"Sure, I'll toss what I can't use. Thanks. So you headed home today?"

"Yeah back to the grind. Worst thing about vacations is that they end." With that he left. He didn't look as though he really minded the vacation coming to an end. Hell he probably needed the rest.

His girlfriend emerged from the trailer an hour later all red eyed and bedraggled looking, as usual. She got into the passenger seat of the pickup and waited for her boyfriend who joined her in short order. They waved as the pulled the trailer from the site and disappeared into the mist.

After I sorted through the bag, I spent the rest of the day reading. Well I did find time to do my laundry. The basket of dirty clothes was running over.

No comments: