Thursday, June 25, 2009

a day of rest

After the noisy party incident I decided to take the day off and just hang out at the trailer. If the kid wanted to make good on his threats, I wanted to be sure he had a chance to face me, not burn the trailer because I was at the pier meditating.

Of course he never showed up. "Oh CJ your drunk came by to apologize and beg me not to evict him."

"And what did you decide."

"I told him to make it right with you, then to never have another party. One complaint from any of his neighbors and he is history."

"You know, once I drunk always a nasty drunk," I suggested.

"Yeah but it will be on him not on us. I almost always have to face these guys in small claims court. The are trying to make me pay for their move."

"I hope you documented it."

"Oh yes and CJ write me a statement please. Just as much as you can remember."

"You want the ass kicking comment as well?"

"Damn right I do." She smiled.

It wasn't that she didn't want him out, she just wanted some paper to wave at the judge.

I didn't expect him to 'make it right'. After all he was still a nasty drunk. What I expected was for him to run me off some lonely stretch of road one day.

No comments: