Monday, June 22, 2009

Monday morning blues

It was a nice quiet weekend. It was extremely pleasant to spend the weekend with someone rather than all alone. Not to mention that it was great to have real food for three days straight. Well Sunday morning it was doughnuts in bed with the morning paper. Nonetheless there was a lot of good food. Much more than I had eaten in weeks.

I managed to work in some long walks even though my new friend was more the sedentary type. I tried to burn off some of those calories, since I wasn't sure from one day to the next if the my new friendship would last.

I had pretty much spent the entire weekend with my new friend Laura. I was more than a little sad when the weekend ended and I returned home. Laura worked third shift at a sewing plant so she needed to rest on Monday. I needed to get back to my own life as well. It had been fun being 16 again but it was time to return to the real world of toil and strife.

While Laura did her resting thing, I rode the bike to the beach. I spent the morning just hanging out on the pier. I noticed an older man walking along the water's edge with a metal detector. I thought one of those might be fun, then pushed it from my mind.

I rode my bike home in time for a frozen dinner. Those things weren't quite great but at least they had improved a lot since I was a kid. My ride around the park was uneventful. I checked on Laura twice before I went home.

No comments: