Friday, August 1, 2008

well right from the start

The day went all to hell. The drive wheel kept coming loose so I decided to move the motor to the left side so it would spin it tight. Then it was going to be a nightmare to run the controls since the motor had to be mounted backwards.

It is a heavy motor but I went to the front to make the controls easier. I am going to mount all my engine on the front from now on. The control issues are so much easier to deal with.

The weight is a concern but I think I can deal with. I have the engine on the big heavy framed huffy. The engine is so heavy I had to put scissor hinges on both sides of the font wheel in order to keep it straight. A simple spring would not do, but I think I will build all my bikes this way if I ever do another. I am probably going to retrofit the 31cc with the second hinge.

No comments: