Wednesday, August 20, 2008

real close on the chainsaw bike.

With the new canteen gas tank installed I began riding the bike today. It runs great even with the wrong carb on it. It will climb any hill on my test track with NO pedaling at all. I have a tiny bit of trouble with throttle and clutch adustment cables but those will get worked out I know. Mostly now it needs to be cleaned up and painted. Not a great fancy paint job just one to make it presentable.

As to performance I can tell you right now the bike will be scary fast on the flat. I can't bring myself to open it up since the roads are so rough around here. I might find a place that I feel comfortable giving it a wind out. But it does what I need it climbs the hills. Not only that but it climbs them pulling not bogging down at all.

I believe the 31cc weed whacker would do just as well but I don't have one at the moment to test that so I can't swear to it.

I have one china bike now and think it is really going to sell. I believe the man will come back for it but who knows.

The chainsaw will be the replacement for that bike, I have the 25cc mtb I will ride around just for fun I guess. It is a good back up bike if I have to go somewhere and the chainsaw won't start.

Then I am going to have the demo bike that will be no bigger than 25cc and maybe even less. If it is less, I will be on the prowl for a 31cc weed whacker.

Oh well time to paint the chainsaw massacre bike.

I am going to rename the chainsaw bike. I am going to call it sissy333.... sissy because of the frame. 33 for the cc size of the engine, the other three is because it started life as a three speed. Also at 333 it's only half evil...

No comments: