Sunday, August 31, 2008

To the lake and back

I rode the chainsaw 33cc to the lake and it did perfectly. I pedaled about 200 strokes on the ten mile or so trip. Those were on some wicked hills. I expect the bike would have made it up the hill but I wanted to keep the speed up a little. So the little bike did fine.

If the ryobi actually does run, I should have it up and running next week. Then maybe over the weekend i can get the 42cc chainsaw bike ready. Nothing ever goes the way I expect so most likely it will be a few weeks. Still I am encouraged since I have two simple designs that seem to work just fine.

My friend shoes uses cable for his bike, but I actually like the lever I call suicide clutch. I juse very little cable pull for it and the length of the lever makes it easy to pull the brake handle that works it.

I think I might sell the ryobi if it works and if anyone wants it. It's time I tried to see what these bikes are really worth.

No comments: