Tuesday, August 12, 2008

tueday morning...

Today my plan is to real life test the 25cc/mtb. I have two or three tests I want to make.

One is to ride it to the shopping center about five blocks away. It doesn't sound like much but all of the return trip is uphill with absolutely no downhill sections. It is steep and there is a stoplight. So it will be a test to see how far it can pull uphill and how much help it needs.


Also it will tell me if I can start it off from a dead stop going uphill. That was always a problem with the china bike because of weight. It might be with this one as well.

Another test is to ride it around a longer loop with a long uphill climb but without the busy intersection. I will probably do it first, then the shopping center ride.

Third will be a trip to the home depot. That one has a short but very steep hill, then it goes downhill through a busy intersection. A left turn at a stop light then on to a four way stop sign. then I have to reverse it and go up a really long upgrade. Fortunately I can turn off the long upgrade at several places if it gets too much for the little engine.

I also need to knock the really high spots off the chainsaw drive wheel. The jbweld clumped up on me. I think I'm going to ride to the hobby lobby on the china bike one day. I need to buy a piece of that netting that they used to make women's skirts stand out. I'm sure they still make it. That embedded in jb weld might do better than sand to texture it.

No comments: