Thursday, August 7, 2008

more chainsaw challenges

The throttle needed some help.

Got that going, then I had to change the gas tank. The big one was getting in the way on such a small bike so I changed it for a smaller one. That seems to work okay for now.

I might have to learn to live with a stiff clutch cable or do something totally radical. Like use the cable without sheath. There is a pretty good bit of drag that has to be in the sheath I think.

But it runs. I didn't get completely around the block today because the engine seems to bounce up and down on the rear tire. I think it is a combination of not enough spring tension and a knobby tire. I have a street tire and wheel I'm going to switch it out tomorrow. I will also need to find a better spring.

That probably means a ride to home depot on the china bike. I don't trust the weed whacker enough just yet. I didn't ride anything but the chain saw bike a few yards today.

No comments: