Tuesday, August 19, 2008

the new gas tanks came.

I bought five plastic gas tanks on ebay. they are shaped like the old ww2 metal ones. The ones I got are plastic and thicker than a coke bottle and a little thinner than a weed whacker gas tank. I rigged one to replace the chainsaw leaky one and it works really well. I spend the afternoon adjusting the throttle on the chainsaw. At the moment it is working pretty darn good. I rode it about three miles total and about two with the throttle fixed. It does pretty good. Maybe I won't build another one after all. Just wait and see what my grand daughter's bike is like with the gifted engine.

The chainsaw bike has a front hand brake and a rear coaster brake, so it has the best brakes of them all. It is a rear engine mount for the heavy chainsaw engine. It's an okay bike all things considered. It does pull the hills better.

No comments: