Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Tuesday

Well today's plan is to ride my bike and check the adjustment on the friction drive. I think I might take it to the home depot and look for some fine chain. I would like to end the constant adjustment of the clutch lever. It is about time to really give it the test it deserves. I would like to wait till I have a 31cc to use for this run so it's kinda up in the air.

I think what I am going to do is to pick up the Grand Daughter's bike on Thursday, then finish the demo build and test it. After I finish the pictures, I might just take the bike apart and put a 31cc engine into the frame. I really do want a 31cc to compliment my mtb25... Of course I have a perfectly good gifted engine (I think) as a back up for the mountain bike.

I do need to test the gifted engine to make sure it isn't a 17cc engine since it isn't marked. I also might put a twenty inch coaster brake onto the mtb25. I would have to very sure that the coaster brake worked and also that I put a hand brake on it as well.

For that I would have to arrange for my neighbor to weld a bar on the rear forks. If I do that there is no going back. Then again maybe the way to go is to bolt a sandwich bracket onto the rear fork. That way I can do back. There isn't a lot of weight on a brake holder.

No comments: