Saturday, September 4, 2010

sometimes my stupidity amazes even me. I changed out the motor on the chain drive bike that I thought I had burned up. I then tried several battery packs and couldn't make the new one work either. I went back tracing current in the new motor and controller. Finally I figured it out.

Of all things, the battery charger was lying to me. The green light stayed on because there was a broken wire. So I was trying to ride with a depleted battery pack. When I found that I realized that the drive system had not been destroyed after all. Of course I found it after I had changed the drive. I have the whole drive complete sitting on the floor of the shop. I think I will keep it until I come across a full suspension bike cheap. Meantime I am charging batteries and getting ready to test the bikes with lower power and less heat. I guess I can use more exercise anyway.

No comments: