Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I pulled the motor and drive off my experimental bike today. I got in a new rear wheel and sprocket but the darn thing had the wrong sprocket. It had a 8mm I use 25sprockets/ So of course I ruined it trying to make something work. I didn't bother replacing the drive I had on the bike. I am going to just fix it the way I want as I go along. I have another bike I can ride If I want to go somewhere.

Tomorrow I'm going to piece together some kind of drive set up or order one from ebay. Then I have to find a new/used bike with gears so I am going to look for one of those tomorrow as well.

The no controller set up is pretty good on power consumption. I went about four miles today on half a volt of power. It will probably go 10 to 12 miles just the way it is. The power pack is a bunch of year old batteries.

I think I will ride the bike up to the hardware store tomorrow. I am going to pick up a foot long all thread rod. I'm going to try it as the axle for the new drive I am building.

No comments: