Thursday, September 2, 2010

I don't know exactly how I did it but I did. I hooked up a 12ah sla 36v pack today then piggy backed a 12ah more or less ah nimh 36v pack. I took off and I usually seem to get a little more power before it sags but today it ran five an a half miles and just quit. I figured that it was a case of the nimh prevented the sag until it just it the low voltage point. I push and pulled the bike home a half mile home then did some checking. The batteries have almost no voltage drop.

The bike stopped running because it overheated. It still had a huge power reserve and it ran once it cooled off. I have a circuit breaker in line so that's what tripped. I'm going to be doing a lot more testing of these battery packs before I draw any conclusions but this was the first time I had any overheating and also its the best the power usage has been as well.

The heat probably is the 36v through the 24v motor.

No comments: