Friday, September 17, 2010

I tested the bike with no controller and 24v and a switch. It is very old school but it still works as i remember it. I can make this work just fine with the rhino. It would not work with much else. The rhino's drive wheel slips when the wheel can't move the load. ie my fat ass. So it doesn't draw all the current and start a fire as it would do if it was just sitting there trying to turn.

I have the 36v rhino camo bike I am riding to the lake when I want to go there. Sounds like a longer ride than it is. Its a little over three miles each way, But it will use up the batteries because there are wicked hills all the way out and back.

So todays project was to build a strong but light weight trailer to do that I needed bike wheels. I bought a 16" bike from the thrift shop for $2.68... yes that's right. I worked all day to get the trailer set up but it Isn't square still. I am going back to old school and use a board as the bed to square it. I just have to get to the hardware store for a board. Something light weight. Probably a thin plywood sheet.

Or maybe I'll continue trying to square the metal frame.

No comments: