Thursday, September 9, 2010

I forgot to make the photo but I did learn a couple of things last night and this morning. First of all I can plug two nimh and one sla to the same battery charger and not burn up the nimh. the amps must go down significantly because I charged for hours yesterday and did no harm and couldn't get the sla pack charged till I disconnected the nimh packs.

My thinking on the hybrid packs seems to be right on. The bike will drain the sla pack down to where it won't put out the amps the controller is calling for before it goes into the nimh pack. If I can get the nimh pack up to the point that it will run the bike adequately as an assist power, then I should have something. At the 24amps more or less that it works at now, the bike will pull itself long a flat road but needs a lot of help on a hill, but still it will make it up the hill with my fat ass still on the seat. So that is an improvement. I ordered enough batteries to add eight more amps to the pack. Mathematically it should be enough. Also if the bike is running at about 25amps it would run about like it does on the pack as it is now. I added 5more amps to the controller and got a really nice performing bike so the 8amp addition might be enough. It will be a few weeks before I can test it.

No comments: