Sunday, September 19, 2010

After my test ride on the 24v bike I decided that I don't need more power. It did quite well at 24v. I could use a geared bike to give a little more help to the motor sooner. It has to get pretty slow before I can do any pedaling at all. It would be better with a higher gear ratio.

I decided to rewire one of the nimh battery packs to 12v 36ah so that I could use it on the bike trail. I always used the motor on the trail at a small fraction of it's capability just to help pull the trailer along. I am going to charge the batteries a while longer then give it a try on the trail. I will probably just set the 12v up at home then switch to 24v for the ride back. It is all downhill to the path, then up hill coming home. It is the getting back part that is the killer for me.

No comments: