Tuesday, December 16, 2008

test test test

I made more tests today. I found that I can not do the chain drive as I planned. If I do it and I still might. I will have to build a rack mount of somekind. the frame on that bike is in the way.

I did some friction drive tests and found that I can change the design a little and be able to better put tension on the chain and adjust the line.

I also removed the sprockets from the test motor and I will try to save it somehow.I don't think I can weld to the motor shaft but I am going to try again. But I am not going to waste one of the good sprockets I just bought on it. I will try with a rear sprocket from a coaster brake bike. They are pretty easy to get and they seem to weld fine.I think it most unlikely to work but I just have to try rather than to toss the motor.

No comments: