Friday, December 5, 2008

the ebike adventure part two

I rebuilt the motor mount for the front wheel. I shortened it and took the platform off. I switched to a coaster wheel hub. I tried to weld some to it so that it wouldn't have the flange hitting the tire. That's when I discovered welding to a wheel is not a good idea. It screws the bearing up.

So instead I cut the flange off with my new black and decker clone of the dremel. It worked fine but it ate up the cutting wheels.I finally got the motor and the sprocket on the coaster wheel in line so now I bolt it on and the motor will be in place. That's a big part of this.

I am going to lose the front hand brake but I don't really have to have it. It would be nice to have a safety break but I don't think the bike is going to go fast enough to be dangerous.

I'm in on a break and to warm up then its back out into the cold to finish the engine at least today.

No comments: