Sunday, December 14, 2008

lifes a cruel joke

most of the time it seems to be on me. I spent about five days working with an electric motor that had been more or less trashed from the start. I never could get a good weld on it but I was able to get a good weld on the sprocket I bought. I am confident that when the new sprocket I ordered arrives i will be able to use it on a twin of the motor I trashed. How to use it is another question all together.

right now Im planning to use it as a rear wheel drive on the suspension bike that I have. We will see.

1 comment:

Dave said...

Deacon I was reading that you are welding on the electric motor, Just a suggestion put your ground on the sprocket so that the welding current does not go through the motor. One thing that helped me in learning to weld was to us the smallest rod I could find 3/32 is a good one. Have fun, Dave