Tuesday, December 2, 2008

should be easier because

Since the engine/drive assembly is really a modular unit. Which will be attached to the bike in one piece, I should be able to build and test it on the work bench. Then when it is ready, just bolt it to the bike. Much easier than trying to fit and motor to a bike and make it work. Which drove me a little mad with the helper bike I tried to build.

So today's project, when it the sun come up to warm up and is to fabricate a prototype frame. Also to see if the motor I have the bike sprocket on will work with a friction wheel. Actually I have to make the friction wheel from a coaster rear wheel first. I just happen to have a few of those laying about. I could actually use a mountain bike rear hub and use the gears to slow it down, but I don't think that will be necessary.

Now it's coffee and kill time till sunup

No comments: