Saturday, December 6, 2008

cold sat morn project

It is cold so the best I can do is work about a half hour at a time in the shop. I did manage so far, in two trips, to get the top frame of the luggage carried welded. Next trip out I'll clean up the welds and slap a coat of paint on that part. Then I have to figure out how I am going to attach it securely to the bike. Should be an interesting project. The wiring is pretty much ready to go just have to customize it to the rack.

I am going to strip and junk out the jungle scout bike. I would make a pretty good ebike I think but I have too many frames and I want to keep the suspension bike for that purpose. I also might dump my old test bike. The three speed I had. I don't really need it for anything once this bike is up and funning. I'll probably keep the wheels and chain at least. I don't really need anymore chain ring and crank sets. I am never going to produce bikes. I will make sure I have one spare chain ring and crank but thats all i need.

No comments: