Wednesday, December 3, 2008

one more test passed

I hooked up the controller and the throttle and they both work just fine. For a while that is. Then smoke came from the controller so I'm pretty sure it is toast. I don't really mind because I had already decided in the next build I would not use it. I am going with a three way switch. Actually I already have it wired up and it works. I have off, half speed and full speed that is enough for me. I put 12 volts on one leg and 24 on the other.

So Now it is a matter of will the jb weld cure or not. If it doesn't cure by tomorrow, I will roll the bike outside and make some welding marks on the roller. Just to give it a little traction. I expect I will have to do that at least. Possibly even replace the drive mechanism. Anyway tomorrow is test day one way or another. If the jb wears off I will at least know what part of the roller is making contact. That will get some welding blobs.

No comments: