Thursday, December 4, 2008

test results

batteries are ruined too long in storage while I played with gasoline. I found a 24v 12 amh pack I can make for 60bucks so I'm going to do that.

The engine did run at two different speeds which is a good thing. It ran very slow because of the old batteries. It was able to pull itself even so. I want a larger drive wheel and a smoother tire. I have the smooth tires on the front and I have a larger drive wheel almost ready to go so It isn't a big thing.

After the short ride, I decided to more the motor to the front wheel. To do that I will have to remake the frame but that is a minor thing. Then I will build a battery compartment as if it were a luggage rack on over the rear wheel. All the weight except for may fat butt will be over the axles hopefully reducing the stress on the bike frame. I can build the bike before the batteries arrive so it is ready to go when they get here. It looks like clear sailing now till the end. Of course I just jinxed myself.

Anyway tomorrow I am going to redo the engine frame and build the battery carrier. I can even set up the wiring, I think. That will be the last thing so I probably will wait for the batteries.

No comments: