Friday, December 5, 2008

all day for a motor mounted



It took me all day to mount and remount this motor. I'm still not sure It will do the job but it is about as good as I can do. I do plan to put some bjweld and sand on it. to help keep the flange stubs off the tire.

Tomorrow I'm going to work on the luggage rack. Building the rack shouldn't be as much trouble as mounting the engine. But we will see. I shot a couple of pictures of the bike so far. I know the shop is a wreck, it is much worse than you see in the picture.

I did test the motor and it works just fine. Pulls the coaster hub just fine and the coaster hub free wheels. the bike is not going to roll backwards though since the coaster arm is still attached. I can lift it or just turn it if I need to back up.m Bikes aren't supposed to go backwards anyway.

No comments: