Friday, December 19, 2008

Not much

there isnt much to do today. I still have to get the skateboard wheels to begin work on the drive wheel assembly. I might build a motor mount for the second engine I plan to test. It has the #25 chain and sprocket system. It will be the easiest to convert and build I hope.

If I can get it worked out, it will be the basis of my ebike builds. the bike chain drive is too difficult to convert. It might be useful as a jack shaft type unit. But I think I can accomplish the same thing but using the size of the drive wheel.

One inch to one inch sprokets but the axle with the final sprocket would also have a three inch drive wheel. But if I need more rpms I can certainly use a rear coaster sprocket on a jack shaft with a #25 sprocket. then the large sprocket to a 11 tooth bike chain sprocket. that combination should allow for a really high speed drive wheel. I have no idea what it would be like torque wise.

No comments: