Wednesday, January 21, 2009

once in a while

You just got to get lucky once in a while. That old wheel has to turn your way now and then. Today I got the chain tightened on the suspension bike with much less effort than I imagined. I took the other drive apart and put in a new axle and wheel system. Best of all on it I can take it out without cutting it this time. Of course it might just fall out on it's own to.

So I did a little more to the frame on the motor. I am still trying to get the welding right. I think my welder is too small for those heavy duty angle irons. I think that is the problem. It's probably that I can't get penetration on those. But I can use a smaller angle. I know that now. I didn't know it on the first one.

I think the smaller wheel is going to be a problem on the #25 chain bike. It only puts 2500 rpms at the drive wheel and the wheel is smaller than the skateboard that was on it. The skateboard was doing okay but just barely. The weather should be a little better tomorrow and I'll get a chance to test them both.

If I get sandpaper on the drives it will double their performance so if the #25 is close I can probably make do with it. I am looking forward to testing the suspension bike as well. It had about 5000 rpms on the drive wheel I think. It does have the same size drive wheel so it the difference should be interesting to see.

No comments: