Thursday, January 22, 2009

I did it and more

Okay one bike is pretty light weight and has a 300 watt motor with a 1 1/2 smooth drive wheel. The rpms at the wheel are under 2500. If it was a direct drive it would be that. With the chain to drive axle it is something less.

The bike ran and pulled as it should be it is slow. It has pretty good torque but vyer very little built up speed to bleed off. Not real good.

I also tested the heavy suspension bike. It has a about a four inch sprocket on the motor the a 1 1/2 sprocket on the drive axle. The drive wheel is also smooth. The speed was better and there was speed to bleed off. Torgue was less than I would have liked. It should have about twice the rpms because od the sprocket difference.

Tomorrow I am going to test a couple of different things. I managed to salvage the 500 watt motor I have. I put a four inch sprocket on the motor a one inch drive sprocket and I added a friction surface to the drive wheel. I am going to try it first on the suspension bike. Only because I also have a friction surface on the 300 watt bike. I want to see how the torque compares on the two motors.

If it all tests out as I expect it to, I will probably move the 500 watt faster motor to the more light wight bike. It just remains to be seen what I will do. It looks as though I will haeve a working model soon.

No comments: