Tuesday, January 13, 2009

6AM

I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep. I think I have the new engine/drive combination on my mind. The used motor arrived last night and I set it up but I forgot to test it. If that damn thing doesn't work after all this trouble, I am going to be pissed. I never had a scooter motor that didn't work. The problem with them is that there is almost no way to mount anything oddball on them. If this chain drive to friction drive works it will solve most of my ebike problems. The design is so simple that I can produce them at will.

If this doesn't work then I will go for the crapped out small scooter idea. I would actually prefer this to work. This drive would be simple and easy to rig. I am going to bench test it then secure the parts on the friction drive so that they don't move about.

No comments: