Wednesday, January 21, 2009

couple of small issues

I have a couple of issues with the two bikes drives that I have build. On the purple bike the issue is that the skateboard wheel is not centered. Later today I'm going to see if I can get the motor off to work on it where it is a bit warmer. It now I will take a dremel and cut the drive shaft apart and remake it on the bike.

On the suspension, I need to attach a friction surface. In this case some sandpaper. I also need to do something about tension for the chain. It is a bit loose and I don't really have a way to tighten it. One option that I am weighing is a wooden bar to run the chain over. It would wear down instead of the chain itself. I'll be looking at it off and on all day to decide.

I took another look at the motor and I can just tilt it up on the frame easily. I think that had been my intention all along and I just forgot about it. That seems to happen to me a lot.

No comments: