Sunday, August 22, 2010

I can only imagine how riding in a hot air balloon must feel. I can remember how it was when I rode in a small bell helicopter after I got home from Vietnam. In Nam I never noticed anything except looking down on the jungle. On that bell chopper I noticed everything because compared to a huey it was a toy.

The thing I remember most was the sense that I wasn't really going up, but that the ground was falling away from me. It was really strange. I took the ride to make a picture of a cemetery for the owners.

Today I am going to the bike trail to ride a little with the new pusher trailer. I have redesigned that hitch three times now. this is the closest I have gotten to one with a serious control with just a little fishtailing. We shall see what happens.

No comments: