Sunday, August 8, 2010

I bought an ebike today. I was looking over craigs list and saw one in my town. It was a trail bike. The guy tried to tell me put a new battery in it and it will take right off. I didn't believe him for a minute. I paid 25 bucks for it. I converted it from 24v to 36v with a new controller. I couldn't get the old one to work. I wouldn't have a 24v bike anyway. Tomorrow I will try it out with a light load in the trailer from the rhino. I took it apart because it was an energy hog.

I am going to build a light weight trailer tomorrow for the new bike, if it seems to do okay with those little 16" wheels. I noticed that some of the new factory ebikes have them so I'm not too concerned. Jacking it up to 36v should help out some as well. I'll give it a test tomorrow and let you know.

I also had to put a new brake handle on the bike. It had seen some rough times. Still the frame is big so it should do okay.

No comments: